Open Day+: Leading at 90 Below Zero with Antarctic Mike and Growing into the Future with Marcus Child - South Wales
06 October 2017 |Celtic Manor, Coldra Woods, Usk Valley, Newport NP18 1HQ
Leading at 90 Below Zero
with Antarctic Mike and Growing into the Future with Marcus Child
Join us in South Wales where International Speaker Antarctic Mike and multiple award winning UK Speaker Marcus Child will show attendees how to lead during tough times and succeed even when faced with difficult challenges. You will get the opportunity to meet and network with over 120 business leaders and will take away insights and tools that can be implemented immediately into your organisation.
Leading at 90 Below Zero:
Keeping Great Employees Focused, Fired Up and Engaged
with Antarctic Mike
In August of 1914, Ernest Shackleton led a group of 27 men on the greatest journey ever undertaken by mankind when he launched the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition. Their mission was to cross the entire Antarctic continent on foot, a feat no one had ever dared or done. They became stranded, shipwrecked and fought for their lives in the middle of the harshest conditions on earth; amazingly, all 27 men returned home safely, due in part to Schackleton’s great leadership.
Mike will showcase the principles and drivers that enabled Shackleton and his men to not only survive, but thrive under terrible conditions of adversity, sudden and unexpected change and many other factors that threatened their success.
In today’s world, businesses face similar conditions as those in the Antarctic 100 years ago such as:
– Dealing with obstacles beyond your control
– Sudden and unexpected change
– Creating teams and cultures that work well under pressure
– Leading and engaging people while facing difficult and challenging assignments
Discover how to:
– Engage employees in higher levels of work and productivity
– Resolve conflict in a healthy manner
– Strengthen employees self confidence and sense of discipline
– Enable people to leverage their talents to their full potential in their respective roles in the organisation
– Build and maintain a strong sales force
Growing into the Future
with Marcus Child
This session is designed to help participants reaffirm their persuasions about their future direction, the priorities in their working and personal lives, their effectiveness as business leaders and the value they bring and can get from the group.
Marcus Child will equip attendees with practical tools and techniques to enable them to:
– Attain and sustain peak performance for themselves, their colleagues, customers, shareholders, friends and families.
– Confidently set and meet aspirational goals.
– Consistently generate high quality energy in the face of the most demanding schedules.
– Better inspire and excite others into action.
– Develop their ability to find creative and innovative solutions to future challenges.
By the end of the session attendees will:
– Have practiced methods of language management which demonstrably enhance personal energy, sharpen focus and drive positivity in oneself and others.
– Have a deeper understanding of how to manage their mind in order to develop their creativity, intuition and imagination for decision making.
– Have experienced the limits of their own thinking and extended their own paradigms beyond previously held self-limiting beliefs.
– Above all attendees will leave the workshop with a sharper sense of conviction about their futures.
– They will meet a collection of ideas that help us to generate purpose within ourselves and others, ideas that go well beyond SMART plans and that can be quickly and habitually practised after our meeting.
Members and Colleagues – Exclusive Workshop
Vistage members and their colleagues will have the opportunity to stay for an exclusive afternoon session with Antarctic Mike and Marcus Child. This is a two hour session which will explore some additional material that adds further value to the morning session. Working with the speakers, you will create an action plan on how you will implement what you have learnt for both yourself and your teams.
It is highly recommended that all members and colleagues stay for the full day.
Guests of Vistage – ‘Experience Vistage Session’
Guests will have the opportunity to attend a complimentary session in the afternoon to find out a little more about Vistage and experience for themselves the real power of being part of a peer group and Vistage group meeting.
The complimentary session is exclusively for CEOs, MDs and business owners and this interactive session will be run by a Vistage group Chair. You will find out how joining a working group of CEOs, MDs and business owners will benefit you and your business.
The hallmark of a Vistage group is something we call ‘issue processing’ and is a structured, thorough and efficient approach to help successful executives think through the dynamics of a challenge or evaluate opportunities.
This event is free to Vistage members.
Colleagues of Vistage members: £99 +VAT – morning only. £150 +VAT full day (Recommended)
Vistage alumni: £150 +VAT
Vistage guests: £150 +VAT