The Ultimate Leadership Question
Join over 100 CEOs, MDs and business leaders at The Barn at Berkeley to hear Glen Daley, winner of the ‘Vistage Outperformer of the Year Award 2017’ speak on ‘The Ultimate Leadership Question’. Attendees will get the opportunity to meet and network with other business leaders over a barbecue lunch following the morning Keynote.
‘The signs of outstanding leadership appear primarily among the followers.’
What is it that outstanding leaders possess that ignites the spirit of people and motivates them to produce exceptional results? What is it about these leaders that makes people sacrifice their time, and on occasion their relationships, to follow the leaders’ dream? Is it charisma, is it intelligence, is it simply a vision?
All these play a part, but we all know, from our own experience, leaders who are not particularly charismatic, intelligent or even visionary. Leaders who still command the unswerving loyalty of those who work with them. The Ultimate Leadership Question workshop proposes the thing that makes the difference is Trust. Simply put, do your people trust you?
In this workshop you will examine four key components of trust; Competence, Openness, Reliability and Equity and Fairness.
– Competence: To what extent am I judged on my technical ability?
– Openness: Are leaders allowed to be vulnerable?
– Reliability: Values, espoused versus ‘in use’?
– Equity & Fairness: Fair, equal or both?
This is a workshop of discovery. It will be interactive, fun and personally challenging.
– Learn what you need to do to provide your organisation with what it needs right now
– Be able to create an environment that encourages employee voice
– Become conscious of how you communicate your values and its impact
– Assess your current reward systems for their impact on trust.
– Leave with an action plan to leverage your capabilities as a trusted and exemplary leader.
Guests of Vistage – ‘Experience Vistage Session’
Guests will find out a little more about Vistage and experience for themselves the real power of being part of a peer group and Vistage group meeting.
This session is exclusively for CEOs, MDs and business owners and this interactive session will be run by a Vistage group Chair. You will find out how joining a working group of CEOs, MDs and business owners will benefit you and your business.
The hallmark of a Vistage group is something we call ‘issue processing’ and is a structured, thorough and efficient approach to help successful executives think through the dynamics of a challenge or evaluate opportunities.
This event is free to Vistage members.
Colleagues of Vistage members: £99 +VAT
Vistage alumni: £150 +VAT
Vistage guests: £150 +VAT