360° Leadership Assessments Drive Strategic Execution and Results
I hear more questions and confusion about 360° Leadership Assessments than almost any other kind of assessment tool. The key is the right kind of 360° assessment done for the right reasons, and this program will clear up some of the fog surrounding these, from a CEO’s perspective.
The right kind of 360° leadership assessment is a developmental tool that will help leaders identify leadership areas in which they could benefit from some focus and work. Since none of us are born perfect leaders, it is virtually always helpful to know how we are doing – not from our own, often rose-tinted self-assessment, but in the eyes of the people around us who see us leading every day. In order to ensure that honesty drives the result, 360° leadership assessments should be anonymous from the participant standpoint, and from a recipient’s point of view, they should be seen as developmental and never tied to bonuses, salary increases or used in a punitive manner (i.e. to try and document a case for a termination).
The key topics covered include:
- What is a 360° Leadership Assessment? The real world of these assessments from a CEO’s perspective
- What a 360° Leadership Assessment is not. Realistic expectations are essential in achieving the right kind of results.
- Why should a CEO embark on a 360° Leadership Assessment process? What is the ROI on the time and cost? How should a CEO justify the commitment and where should benefits show up.
- How to do a 360° Leadership Assessment process the right way. Following a best practices process makes all the difference in the world in getting a return on the investment.
- Typical reactions to embarking on a 360° Leadership Assessment process. Some of the push-back CEOs will encounter when initiating a 360° Leadership Assessment process.
- What to look for when selecting a 360° Leadership Assessment process. What are the non-negotiable attributes a CEO should look for.
- Reporting results and creating action plans for development.
The 360° Leadership Assessment program provides clear understanding in simple business language that every CEO can use to evaluate and implement leadership development to execute his/her strategic plan and achieve concrete results.