Assessing People at Work
This workshop gives participants an understanding of:
- The history of Psychometrics.
- The different techniques available.
- Evidence of the validity and usefulness of each technique.
- The difference between selection and development.
- Cost benefit analyses of spending money on tests.
- Developments in the field.
- How, when and why we need to assess people at work.
- The history of assessment of people.
- What methods are available; from biography to brain scans.
- Technique selection criteria; validity, cost, practicality generality, acceptability, legality.
- Selecting IN and selecting OUT; how to define what you want in your staff and what you don’t want.
- How tests are developed.
- Personality tests.
- Ability tests.
- Limitations of interviews, references and application forms.
- Selecting high flyers and those with potential.
- Tests for development.
- Fashions and fads.
- Neuroscience and the future of assessment.
The workshop will allow people to complete and score three types of tests. They will also receive a copy of a new book on the topic.