Be F.A.B. at Finance
Understanding the financials is a vital skill for any director. All directors are equally responsible for the financial affairs of the company, this is not just the remit of the Finance Director. Smarter decision making results, increased profits and a healthier cash flow. Which director wouldn’t want to possess such skills?!
This highly practical and engaging half day masterclass explores how to read and interpret the primary financial statements and how to use them to make smart decisions. Financial jargon is also translated into plain English. Then everyone can join in the financial conversation!
Profit and Loss Account:
- How you can go bust whilst being profitable
- How profits can be manipulated and how to ensure they aren’t being
- Why profits and cash are 2 completely different things and why that is so crucial
- Where you can find the money in your balance sheet
- How can you spot potential future problems using the Balance Sheet
- What does the balance sheet NOT tell you that you need to know
- Recognise the power of your cash forecast
- Why cash is the most valuable asset you have
- Greater confidence in dealing with financial matters, including financial terminology
- Smarter decision making once more informed about the numbers
- Increased ability to positively influence margins & improve cash flow
- Identify areas of concern & key warning signs; can then take action to rectify
- Assess the financial strength of competitors, customers and suppliers
- Improved financial knowledge and acumen
- Fully interactive with a wide variety of activities, discussions, quizzes and practical examples to bring the training to life and to help embed the learning.
- A coaching-style approach is adopted to enable course participants to more powerfully learn for themselves rather than being ‘told’.
- Full interaction, challenge & questioning is fully expected & encouraged with this senior level group of people.