Building a Balanced Scorecard – Strategy into Action
A question that I hear frequently voiced when I am speaking or consulting is: “What should we be measuring, what are the measures which track and predict performance?”
The same question engaged the minds of Robert Kaplan and David Cooper, an Harvard academic and a Business Consultant respectively. It inspired them to conduct research amongst a dozen leading companies – including Shell, Du Pont, EDS, GE and Hewlett – Packard – in order to arrive at a new performance measurement model. What emerged became known as The Balanced Scorecard – a tool for translating strategy into action.
Since then thousands of companies whether from manufacturing, engineering, services, financial services and even government agencies, have transformed their ability to determine, communicate and deliver on their strategy.
In the ‘Building a Balanced Scorecard’ workshop you will:
- Learn what The Balanced Scorecard is.
- Discover how its flexibility allows it to be adapted for almost any business large or small.
- Test drive your existing measures against a Scorecard that you and your group will create.
- Begin to identify the key historical and predictive measures for your business.
- Have a framework for putting together an implementation plan for introducing The Balanced Scorecard into your business.
- Become clear as to the benefits of using a Balanced Scorecard in your business.
As always the workshop will be lively, entertaining and hands-on. So make sure you come prepared for lively debate, challenge and to experience learning.
Although it is only possible to provide a taster session in a three hour workshop, the purpose is to ensure that when you leave, that you will be clear as to the benefits, and as to the basic mechanics involved in implementing in your business, one of the most popular, effective and powerful tools for turning strategy into ACTION.