Business Model Innovation
At its core, business strategy is about setting a specific direction and then figuring out how to get there in the most effective and efficient way possible. Innovation and creativity play a key role in this process, but are frequently relegated to technologies and products. Business model innovation takes a broader view and sees the whole organisation as a platform for thinking differently. We have identified over 116 distinct innovation tactics across all business model aspects from partnerships to value propositions and everything in between.
This workshop introduces a toolset for defining and innovating business models and a lean, interative and creative design mindset. These two elements combine to enable a nimbler and lower risk approach to strategy and execution. With the rapid emergence of new technologies, disruptive start-ups, the blurring of industries and changing market demands, the ability to take a step back and re-think how a business can create and capture value is more and more important. Business modelling and innovation is now a key component in any leader’s business strategy toolbox.
By employing the workshop tools, participants can adopt a more collaborative, creative and practical approach to both business and offer design. The workshop covers the following aspects
- Business model definition, types, modelling and assessment
- Innovation mindset and sources of ideas
- The value of early stage prototyping and iteration
This session provides participants with a highly interactive introduction to this critical topic. By the end of the session, participants will leave with:
- A clear definition of what a business model is and an awareness of the 4 basic types
- An initial model of their own business and a high-level picture of its strengths and weaknesses
- Experience of applying a range of creative tools to re-imagine business models