Learn how to tell stories that influence customers and colleagues.
Do you find it hard to get your message across when you’re talking about important work? Maybe it’s because you’re not telling the right story – or any story at all. While facts and data are important, most people find stories easier to understand and remember. This is why successful leaders tell great stories about their work, their staff and their customers.
This workshop is based on 20 years experience as a factual storyteller and draws on expertise and examples from a wide range of industries. Participants will get maximum benefit if they bring examples of their own business messages to the workshop.
Show participants why storytelling is a key leadership skill.
Learn how to use stories to influence your colleagues, stakeholders and customers.
Create business stories and work out the best time to tell them.
The workshop will cover:
- Why stories are the best way to get your message across
- What are the basic ingredients of a good story
- How to spot a story you can use in your business
- The difference between foundation stories and brand stories
- What kind of stories work for pitches and presentations
- What kind of stories work for mainstream and social media
- How to plan “seasons” of stories for your business
- How stories can change your company culture
- Understand the role of storytelling in business leadership
- Create a foundation story and a brand story about their business by the end of the session
- Start to plan story “seasons” for your business.
Added May 2017.