Challenging Coaching: Going beyond traditional coaching to face the FACTS
Executive coaching is an integral part of leadership development with over 80% of organisations using coaching. Coaching is rated more highly than business school programmes, is better value for money and is likely to result in sustained behavioural change. So how do business leaders apply coaching skills as a management style in a way that creates sustainable change and drives business performance?
The answer can be found in ‘Challenging Coaching’; a coaching style that balances support for the individual with the challenge to deliver bottom-line results. Optimum performance happens when there is an effective balance between challenge and support, but the leadership coaching profession can often be over-supportive, lacking the ‘edge’ that makes the difference.
Senior leaders like, and need, a higher level of challenge. Challenging coaching provides this balance in a way that is consistent with the Vistage values (‘carefrontation’).
- To build on the core skills of leadership coaching.
- To dive deeply into the Challenging Coaching approach and learn experientially from one of its originators.
- To explore the FACTS coaching model which focuses on Feedback, Accountability, Courageous Goals, Tension and Systems Thinking.
- To work in more detail with one or more aspects of the FACTS model that are particularly relevant to the attendees’ needs.
- To take away learning, tools and techniques that can be used on an on-going basis to improve team and individual performance.
- Have practical skills to enable them to use a challenging coaching approach immediately upon return to the workplace.
- Be confident to support and challenge people to achieve more and to have challenging conversations that get to the heart of the matter and enhance performance.
- Develop a personal action plan based on their learning in the session.
- Receive a copy of the acclaimed book ‘Challenging Coaching: Going beyond traditional coaching to face the FACTS’ and have access to a library of web-based resources and tools.
The session will be dynamic and interactive with a variety of tools used to accelerate the learning eg. video clips, group exercises, personal anecdotes and proven psychological models. Case studies will be drawn from the facilitator’s own business career, together with his executive coaching work with CEOs and elite sports coaches in cricket, rowing, diving and target shooting. Attendees will be challenged to stretch out of their comfort zones, whilst being supported by the experienced facilitation skills of one of the leading executive coaches in the UK. Are you ready to face the FACTS?