Change Is Your Opportunity For Growth!
Carole’s approach to change is not just a theoretical philosophy but essentially a practical skill-set to handle the human dimension concerned. It explores differing human reactions to the process of change and involves a range of strategies that include a ‘hands-on’ skills approach to addressing the attitudes that produce positive results at times of organisational change.
Coping with our irrational fear of change, learning to manage the inevitable, and highlighting the opportunities for changing our attitude to our work situation and ourselves are all integral to a successful change management process. These are essential if businesses are to maintain their competitive edge, engage their teams and retain top talent.
As part of this popular workshop, you’ll leave with a set 10 Crucial Principles, which have been found invaluable in the course of Carole’s extensive experience in government, industry and the professions.
The Inevitability of Change – Moving out of your comfort zone
- A shake-up always brings unexpected opportunities. Exploit them.
- Change has always happened. Nostalgia is simply a means of dodging reality.
- Go with the flow and negotiate the 21st Century with direction and enthusiasm.
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in your willingness and determination to accept change and the way you communicate it to others.
Building a Vision for the Future
- Management responsibilities and the leadership role within their team.
- The special brand of leadership needed to get all employees ‘on-side’.
- Controlling the nature and pace of change. The unavoidable stress triggers.
- Hard work highlights the character of people. Some get stuck in. Some roll up their sleeves. But some don’t turn up at all.
The Empowerment Process
- Sensitivity to the needs of the team – modes of communication at critical moments.
- The need for resilience in coping with new conditions.
- Maintain a positive attitude – use change to your advantage.
- Guide your workforce through the confusion: strengthen their trust.