‘The backbone of modern business relies on effective and courageous conversations.’
Speaking Rights offers training programs that are proven to motivate employees, improve team engagement and encourage productive conversations. By training leaders to communicate well leads to happier teams which in turn leads to increased productivity and a healthy bottom line.
Imagine a day when you don’t cringe before having a challenging conversation. This session shares stories, and strategies to approach any difficult conversation with confidence.
“You are not reaching the targets”
“We need more investment”
“The numbers are not adding up”
The above are examples of Courageous Conversations that many of us avoid at all costs. ‘Courageous Conversations’ is the courage to have pro-active conversations that lead to real progress. The session uncovers essential steps to have productive conversations that leads to results, no matter how challenging.
This workshop equips participants with tools and techniques to enable them to:
- Engage in more productive conversations which lead to progress, not arguments.
- Respond quickly to a challenging discussion in a confident and respectful manner.
- Diagnose the real issues behind a challenging conversation to target their energy in the right direction.
- Craft better responses that target the person with whom you are speaking to, allowing them to hear you more effectively.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Have learnt how to quickly diagnose an issue using strategies to prepare them for the next step of the process. Ideally we will be using real issues or conflicts that have occurred in their business.
- Acquire techniques to help prepare before engaging in a Courageous Conversation so that they proceed with an open mind that is receptive to new ideas.
- Having understood the ‘Personal Response’ technique, the participant will practice responding to difficult conversations using role play and exercises.
- Have basic training in Speaking Rights essential communication skills.
The DARE Model is a melange of techniques put together in a user-friendly way that can be used immediately after leaving the session. The 4 steps include behavioural models, neuroscientific studies, diagnostic models, and others in a unique structure.
- Step 1 – Diagnose the need: The first step to having a courageous conversation is to understand what needs to move forward and how to address the barriers.
- Step 2 – Acknowledge: By layering several personality models, we can see common habits within a work environment. We focus on the best way to respond.
- Step 3 – Research and Prepare: With a focus on objectives, this step allows the participant to be prepared for potential reactions and outcomes.
- Step 4 – Execute: Using role play or/and simulated scenarios , we teat different catalysts to begin a courageous conversation.
Added September 2017.