Crucial Dialogue at Critical Moments!
There are times when the right words can make all the difference to the outcome of a sudden crisis, conflict or emergency – just as the wrong words may make a bad situation worse. Most managers, dread having to deal with a crisis, but they will be the ones who must take the initiative and take control of difficult and sometimes dangerous situations.
This unique workshop will focus on the skills that your team require, to frame the right announcements, the right questions and the right answers, to manage individuals and teams affected by emergencies and accidents in the workplace.
Discover the 3 Significant Elements packaged in this insightful presentation on Crisis Management from Carole Spiers who has acted as Crisis Intervener and Debriefer in many war zones and areas of conflict.
Element One: Conflict and Aggression
- Understand types of environments, people and situations that spark anger.
- Learn to spot those tell-tale signs of anger and frustration in colleagues.
- Handle criticism effectively either on a one to one basis or in a group.
Element Two: Handling Distress Through Verbal and Non-verbal Interventions
- Managing redundancy – knowing what to say / not to say and do.
- Study the effects of bereavement, using the Kubler-Ross grief cycle.
- The suicide situation – how to support a team in shock.
Element 3: Trauma and Crisis
- Understand the stages of crisis and trauma for different human types.
- Give the right support to employees in the aftermath of a critical incident.
- Prepare for shock-reactions – anger, tears, silence and false euphoria.