Practical Projects – Delivering Successful Projects in an Agile World
Steve’s session is lively and very hands on! During the session the group will be responsible for delivering a village made from Lego™ using Agile Project Management techniques. Sounds simple doesn’t it? But like every other project it’s subject to the three core tensions. Time, Cost & Quality… Let the project games begin!
This session is aimed at leaders and business managers who work in organisations that have internal (and external) projects. But they feel they could run them better! It might be that you are used to running more formal projects based on methodologies such as PRINCE-2 but you feel like it’s too bureaucratic and process-bound to be effective. Or, it could be that you don’t really use any sort of formal methodology and somehow things just always seem to get delivered, often with lots of sweat, stress and some tears from the project team.
Either way, this workshop provides a solid, practical way to create and run successful projects. Using Agile (Scrum & Sprint with Kanban) techniques the group are tasked with building a village from Lego™. They must complete the work to an acceptable quality, strict timescales and agreed budgets.
This workshop is not aimed at creating Project Managers, instead, it is specifically designed for business leaders and managers who get involved in projects. It promotes a practical, event-driven way for businesses to deliver successful projects and allows business leaders to update their knowledge of project management to current best practice in a fun and informative way.
- Business Project Management
- Agile Techniques
- Scrum & Sprint
- Planning Poker
- Practical Project Management
Objectives of the Session:
- Understand Agile project management terminology.
- Learn through practical experience, how Agile Project Management works.
- Recognise how Agile Project Management could work in your organisation.
- Identify people within your business who are suited to delivering Agile projects.
- Review how mature your organisation is in its approach to delivering successful projects.
Takeaway Tools and Value:
- Workbook for notes on the main takeaway points.
- Best Practice Project Management techniques.
- Agile Project Roles & Definitions guide.
- Access to a Vistage exclusive Dropbox shared folder with regularly updated Agile Project Management tools and templates.