Developing your Darkside: Balanced Leadership
This interactive workshop explores how you can drive greater success and fulfillment by using the full range of human emotions, both positive and negative.
Imagine a tennis player that only worked on his forehand, or a golfer that focused only on her putting, they would never reach the top of their game, but yet we frequently limit the range of emotions we use at work. The prevailing leadership paradigms focus on the effective use of positive emotions and behaviours but what about our dark side?
Is it possible that we have untapped potential? That we are limiting ourselves by limiting the range of emotions we use? When is anger appropriate? Can guilt be good?
This workshop is about understanding the full spectrum of your emotions, exploring when they serve you, and developing strategies to become a more balanced leader to drive greater success and improve organisational performance.
- Being comfortable with discomfort: An antidote to the happiness panacea?
- Too much of a good thing: When your strengths can be bad
- Optimising, harnessing the extra 20%: How to use your negative emotions to improve your leadership and increase performance
- Balanced leadership: Using the full range of your emotions and behaviour to deliver success
- Exploring your Darkside: Optional use of Hogan’s Darkside insight psychometric
- Understand the role of both positive and negative emotions in driving success
- Know how and when to use your negative emotions to your advantage
- Learn how to harness the full spectrum of emotions to improve your organisation’s performance
- Assess the risks associated with your strengths
- Build a deeper awareness of the impact of your overplayed strengths
- Create a balanced leadership action plan
Added March 2017.