Innovation is a talent sought by many organisations as a key source of differentiation, a gateway to future markets/revenue and increasingly, an attractor for attracting and retaining staff. Much is made of innovation processes, idea pipelines and the need for continuous innovation. Nevertheless, the ability to sustain an innovation culture remains an elusive target for staff, managers and business leaders. Innovation it seems, is easy to say, difficult to do.
In this session, Patrick will lead a collegiate, interactive session aimed at honing the leader’s perspective of building and maintaining an innovative organisational culture. Key areas of learning include:
- Reviewing and assessing principles of successful innovation
- Application of innovation principles to my own organisation
- Understanding and applying a range of innovation approaches by exemplars
- Overcoming innovation hurdles
- Specific techniques to embed an innovative culture
Leaders better able to create and sustain an innovative culture in their organisation.