Emotional Intelligence in Action
This workshop is about exploring Emotional Intelligence in theory and in action.
Emotional Intelligence is the ability to identify, use, understand, and manage emotions in an effective and positive way. EI development has been linked to improved decision-making, risk-taking, interpersonal relationships, commitment, prioritising, problem solving and many other behaviours associated with effective performance at work.
Our emotional intelligence affects the quality of our lives because it influences our behaviour and relationships, it is also synonymous with self-awareness because it enables us to live our lives with intention, purpose, and autonomy.
That’s the theory… however there is a world of difference between knowing and doing. There is a gap between theory and practice; between awareness and action; between what we know and what we do. This workshop helps leaders put the theory into action through experiential learning with horses. Our workshops accelerate the learning by helping participants explore how their thinking, feeling and (often unconscious) attitudes manifest practise through interacting with horses at liberty, and gaining non-judgemental feedback on how they ‘show up’.
We will introduce the concept of Emotional Intelligence, support participants to explore how that manifests for them individually through their experiences with the horses, and coach them to increase their Emotional Intelligence. Linking theory and experience in a way that creates ‘a ha’ moments of learning and translates into tangible development actions.
- Introduction to concept of EI and its importance to successful leadership.
- Equine facilitated learning – explore how their underlying attitudes impact their feelings and subsequent behaviours.
- Identify emotional and behavioural response patterns including survival responses (closed, rigid, blame) and mindful responses (open, authentic, responsible).
- Understanding the concept of Emotional Intelligence and how to improve your performance through it.
- Awareness of your unconscious attitudes, thoughts and feelings and how they impact your EI effectiveness.
- Personalised tools and strategies to increase Emotional Intelligence.
- Individual development plan to continue to develop your Emotional Intelligence.
Can be run as a half day workshop and full day retreat.
We are geographically flexible so can run at locations convenient for groups. We have a network of horses and venues across the country all of which are carefully selected to adhere to our high standards from both a client experience and horse care perspective. The sessions are a mix of classroom and working with the horses in an indoor riding arena so we are not affected by weather conditions.