A leader in business can be a key opinion former, a weather maker… the person best placed to manage the climate control.
Engaging others – leaders passing on their enthusiasm and helping colleagues generate their own – is vital to the success of an enterprise. This workshop equips participants with further tools and ideas to better engage themselves, and others, on the road to optimal performance.
- The core drivers of Engagement … reliable research informing leaders on what employees most need, and the most important things we need to do if we are to win their loyalty and commitment.
- The drivers of motivation …. and what we can do to help colleagues become the best versions of themselves. This part contains some new thoughts on:
- How to give confidence-building feedback.
- How to gain and sustain rapport; real connectedness in conversations with colleagues.
- How language, sensitively used, can play a vital role in enabling change.
- Provocative thoughts on how to ensure our own excitement, energy and commitment – so that what we pass on to those around us is life-enhancing, congruent and uplifting.
Participants will leave the workshop eager to:
- Share compelling information with the leaders in their businesses on the drivers of motivation, change and engagement.
- Apply some new approaches to their interactions as parents, partners, colleagues and leaders.
- Put first things first i.e. take a reinvigorated approach to finding and setting their goals and giving true priority to the things that matter most to them.