If you could put the cost of failed communication and misunderstanding on your P&L it would almost certainly be one of the largest costs face. If you could quantify it you’d address it as seriously as you would malfunctioning machinery. If you were honest about failed relationships, both in your personal life and in business, whether with suppliers or employees, you would probably admit that failure to communicate was a root cause. Yet how rarely do leaders and managers, train to understand all the latest management theories, spend time understanding and developing the skills needed in this vital area of communication.
- I don’t need it.. I just tell em what to do!
- I tell them stuff and yet it never seems to get through
- I’m just too busy to deal with all this connection stuff I ‘ve got a business to run!
These are just a few of the comments we have heard on the subject. Yet leadership, true leadership, depends hugely on the ability of the leader of any group, business, family or relationship, to listen, really listen, and to connect. A large number of worthy tomes have been written on the subject. Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott stands out.
This workshop, based on the work of Susan Scott, explores the impact that communication can have on outcomes. No one conversation can be guaranteed to change the trajectory of a life, a business, a career or a relationship .. but one conversation can. Specifically the workshop looks at:
- The Big Idea behind Fierce Conversations
- The Seven Principles of Fierce Conversations
- Real play practice in Mining Conversations and the scripting and delivery of Confronting Conversations and the link between the two.
It’s often said that Leadership is theatre. It is. So you’d better learn to write, learn and deliver your script. Shooting from the hip and hoping just doesn’t deliver. This workshop teaches you how.