Finance for the Non-Financial Directors
Every decision in business has a finance impact. Blind reliance on the Finance Director besides being bad governance is also dangerous legally as Directors cannot claim ignorance should matters end up in court.
This practical and highly interactive workshop will walk the participants through the following:
- Basic accounting principles.
- Constructing a Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet from a few transactions.
- Assessing these main statutory statements.
- Differences between cash flow and profits.
- Progressing to additional concepts e.g. accruals, depreciation etc…
A glossary of terms and definitions will be provided to help in understanding typical financial jargon.
Participants are welcome to bring their own company’s financial statements for discussion.
This, given the time allowed, can only be an introduction to the topic. More workshops will be required to cover items like assessing financial performance, forecasting, corporate valuations.