Financial Awareness for Executives
The objectives of this workshop are to enable participants to:
- Understand the legal and governance issues regarding finance.
- Be fully aware as a Director of their fiduciary duties.
- Forge the link between strategy and shareholder value.
- Assess the financial health of a business.
- Look at company valuations and understand what drives value.
- Walk through various sources of finance to discuss advantages and disadvantages.
- Recognise why companies fail and to be able to spot the early signs.
This will be a very practical workshop. Where appropriate participant’s financial performance could be discussed and analysed. This service (because of the obvious confidentiality) could be offered on a one-to-one basis as well.
By the end of the workshop the participants will have:
- A clear idea of legal and governance issues and where to check for updates.
- A check list on how to manage the Finance Director.
- A good understanding of what constitutes good financial health, prudent financial risk and what drives value.
- More direction on approaching banks and private equity providers for capital.
- Gained additional knowledge in spotting the early signs of distress.
- A good overview of internal management systems and the link with financial accounting and strategic direction.