Fit to Lead
Embodying Healthy Leadership
A new presentation suitable as a half day session or one day retreat. Fit to Lead works well as a follow up to Performance Chemistry.
To equip participants with ‘practical techniques that are instantly effective, to help manage the impact of stress (regulate emotional wellbeing) so that participants can make better overall lifestyle choices. Put simply, less stressed leaders with greater resilience are happier, healthier and get more done with reduced risk of burnout.
Key Themes and Outcomes:
The session includes several practical exercises such as breathing and postural techniques to enhance resilience and reduce stress.
- Basic theory on the stress response, mental health, burnout, resilience and wellbeing at work.
- An introduction to embodied intelligence and how it relates to leadership (self awareness and self regulation).
- HEAD (Psychological resilience) Mindfulness and attention training techniques for brain fitness. Getting a good night’s sleep .
- HEART (Emotional resilience) Breathing techniques such as “centering” to calm the nervous system or to energise and focus. Using posture and movement to create desired feelings/emotions, or mindset.
- HARA (Metabolic resilience) Awareness and choice of habitual eating styles. Gut health and connection to brain and body wellbeing.
- Learn to live by design instead of on autopilot and create daily rituals.
- Where to from here – personal pledge exercise which gives each participant at least one immediate action that they can take before the end of the session
Added January 2019.