From Profit to Passion
Some companies look at developing people once they have developed profit but research has shown that this a questionable strategy. The most profitable companies appear to be those with the highest levels of employee engagement……….where people are passionately aligned and working with you to achieve organisational goals. Companies that outperform their competitors know that profit is a downstream consequence of your effective and inspirational leadership!
- Event one – you are the U in USP!
- Event two – pointing the organisational compass in the right direction.
- Event three – building a one-page strategic plan that everyone understands.
- Event four – core values – moral hills people should be prepared to die on!
- Event five – working with customers as an exceptional partner, not a supplier.
- Event six – developing inspirational leaders, not assertive bosses.
- Event seven – the value of psychological pay cheques.
- Event eight – removing friendly fire and improving teamwork.
- Event nine – focusing on tomorrow’s activity rather than yesterday’s results.
- Event ten – positioning change as a positive feature of organisational life.
This is a powerful and enjoyable business workshop blending proven tools and techniques with Phil’s own ideas resulting from his work with the CEOs of many well-known organisations. The workshop can be tailored to meet participants’ needs depending upon the emphasis and needs within the ten events. The workshop is very output-focused as Phil is committed to helping participants transfer the ideas and actions to their real world.
- To examine the passion decathlon – ten events that will help Members develop their businesses from a profit centre to passion centre.
- To raise the heart-count in members’ businesses .
- To help members develop their inspirational leadership skills.
- An insight into what great leaders do.
- A range of tools that can be used immediately back at the workplace.
- A greater awareness of own leadership strengths.