Karl’s workshop energises events, builds teams and connects people to values. They do it in a very unique way, utilising tools from New Zealand’s Maori culture including haka, the pre-match ritual made famous by world rugby champions, the All Blacks. The presentations and workshops bring energy to conferences and events whilst exploring important themes around leadership and teamwork.
Karl’s presentation introduces audiences to the world of rugby and the mystique and power of the All Blacks. He shares how Maori culture, built on values of family, loyalty, humility and respect, has informed and inspired the All Blacks. How does the greatest sports team in the world consistently stay on top? It’s all about culture. Drawing inspiration from the All Blacks, Maori culture and business.
Karl, with the option of being joined by a team of haka trainers, additionally teaches haka in an interactive, enjoyable and accessible workshop so participants experience the ideas explored in his presentation:
- Authenticity – haka means setting ego aside, digging deep within, igniting the spirit, sharing that energy with others.
- Bravery – knowing risks, letting go of fear, taking action, commitment.
- Team / family – loyalty and respect – you’re not alone, you’re doing it together and supporting one another.
- Purpose – Understanding purpose, channelling personal and collective energy to give shape to purpose.
- Power – experience and express personal and group power through haka.