How to Protect Against Fraud
This workshop is designed to raise awareness of commercial fraud in its various guises and to educate on fraud prevention. The emergence of fraud is an inevitable by-product of an economic downturn and the subject is more topical then ever for all businesses, large and small.
- What is fraud?
- Why is the UK a cosy fraud environment?
- Some hallmarks of fraud.
- Companies most at risk.
- Some classic examples of fraud.
- Identity theft, property fraud, advance fee fraud.
- How are frauds unearthed?
- Some tell-tale signs.
- Collection of evidence.
- Police involvement: the pros and cons.
- Civil proceedings against the fraudster.
- Claims against third parties.
- Defensive action.
- Pre-emptive remedies.