Improving Productivity: Eliminating the Causes of Waste and Lost Time
An operations topic not tackled head on by business leaders. Worse, it is a constant challenge that Britain’s level of productivity is below its major western competitors, yet it never improves and the headlines call for better investment or working practices without understanding what really needs to change. And it not just about technology or having more motivated or engaged people that solves the problem – although they are part of the solution.
This session aims to give an extensive overview of the options and approaches that are available to a business leader, but brings them together in a holistic approach that implies that any one single intervention will never produce substantive and lasting performance improvements.
This workshop will cover:
- The role of any operating environment needs to be strategic in its requirement. So start from the top.
- Technology change and investment.
- The causes of waste and lost time in an operational environment.
- Productivity improvements through behavioural change, and effective supervision.
- Process improvements through Lean thinking, Business Process Re-Engineering BPR) and Work Flow analysis.
- Continuous Improvement though cultural and attitudinal change. Introduction of the concepts and techniques of Total Quality Management (TQM) or Kaizen thinking.