Third Recommended Workshop
This workshops neatly follows the “Think Again!” session, but can be stand-alone. The term ‘Innovation’ has widespread use, but with little understanding of what lies beneath it. This workshop will probe beneath the surface, explaining both sustaining and disruptive innovation along with continuous and discontinuous improvement and de-bunk much of the myth and folklore that makes innovation nothing more than a dream to many.
The workshop will explore the following topics:
- The world is changing around us presenting an exploding universe of opportunity, but we are trapped in a world of traditional/conventional thinking.
- The brain operates as a patterning system, stifling both creativity and innovation.
- Creativity: the generation of ideas which are both novel and useful.
- Innovation: making money/adding value from the implementation of creativity.
Innovation: Where to Play?
- Appetite for Risk
- Berocca Day exercise
- Cultural Analysis Tool
- Multiple-Cause Analysis Tool
How to Win?
- Innovation Myths
- Innovation Hub
- Roles and Responsibilities
Attendees will leave with:
- An understanding of the relationship between creativity and innovation.
- An understanding of the types of innovation.
- An understanding of why approaches to innovation so frequently fail.
- A practical and systematic approach to introduce innovations within their own business.