Introduction to the Role of the Company Director
The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth – what it really means to be a director.
This workshop will provide participants with an overall understanding of the role and responsibilities of a director. It will provide an insight into how to carry out the role effectively and to protect both the individual and the corporation, as far as practical, from potential liabilities.
- The company, the shareholders and the director
- The officers of the board and their functions
- Statutory books
- Board meetings and how to run them
- Corporate variety
- The legal role of the director and its compliance
- Companies act 2006
- Directors guide to staying out of jail
- Basic statutory and criminal liability
- Health and safety and the director
- Director and officers liability insurance