Linking Strategic Planning, Business Improvement and Change Implementation
Rapidly changing customer buying habits, access to new technology and social media highlights a need to accelerate the way organisations adapt to change to remain competitive, or even survive. This workshop will link the importance of frequent Strategic Planning, which should create a portfolio of Business Improvement projects that the organisation could deliver. The workshop illustrates the importance of using Change Management to achieve change adoption to implement the improvements and create the new behaviours to deliver customer satisfaction and organisation value.
Key Topics and Points Covered:
- Strategic Planning: Mission, values, vision, strategy, balanced scorecard, portfolio of improvement and employee Annual Personal Performance Plan.
- Business Improvement Simulation: An experiential simulation specifically designed to show how business improvement can deliver the strategy by improving; business performance, job satisfaction and customer delivery.
- Change Management: Proven game changer to improve capital and operating performance, ensuring sustainable organisational cultural change and the new required performance behaviours.
To demonstrate that CEOs need to have frequent Strategic Planning in a changing business environment, how this links to Business Improvement and how Change Management can accelerate improved business results.
Value and Take Away:
- Strategic Planning key elements and a potential execution approach to deliver organisation value.
- Business Improvement techniques and tools that can improve business performance.
- How the elements of a Change Management Framework can gain employee buy in to new ways of working.
Participants will gain insights, tools and techniques to review their organisation’s Strategic Planning approach, assess how they can apply Business Improvement techniques and take a different approach to organisational Change Management.