Making Strategy Work
A pragmatic approach to developing a strategy that aligns with day-to-day activity.
We are all constantly faced with an ever changing set of challenges and opportunities. Without having a formal plan or end goal in sight there is a risk that we simply allow ourselves to be buffeted by events and not create the time to determine whether or not we are heading where we really want to go.
The Symbiotic Strategy Cycle introduces a number of key disciplines and tools which underpins an understandable and accessible model which will drive not only the creation of the vision but allow the team to execute against that vision, thus delivering the ultimate goal as defined by you and your company.
We believe in a simple philosophy, THINK, PLAN, DO and each stage of our 8 step process is designed to ensure that all aspects provide a cohesive thought process, an action plan and most importantly an effective way of executing against that detailed action plan.
Retained by Scottish Enterprise to deliver this strategic approach to ‘high growth’ companies this model is not theoretical but a practical and pragmatic tool which can be used to align your business vision with daily activity.
Building on several decades of experience, we have developed an 8 Step process which also acts as a checklist to ensure that we have taken as many influences as possible into account before finalising and executing a robust strategy or vision for the company.
The workshop will work through the eight steps of the Symbiotic Strategy Cycle sharing a number of tools which help to drive a cohesive set of deliverables:
- Step 1 – Personal Goal Setting
- Step 2 – Company Analysis
- Step 3 – Company Vision
- Step 4 – Strategy Road Map
- Step 5 – Selling the Vision
- Step 6 – Executing the Strategy
- Step 7 – Measuring Progress
- Step 8 – Making Adjustments
Take-away – an easily understood, methodical business process and a range of tools which you can apply to pragmatically deliver success as defined by you.
- Utilising the Symbiotic Strategy Cycle to enable.
- The alignment of personal goals and business goals.
- Confirmation that your business core competencies match your strategic deliverables.
- The alignment of both the skills and finances to execute the strategy.
- Communication to your staff to help them share your vision and become motivated to help support the business in getting there.
- The creation of a road map that can be broken down into measurable stages to execute your vision.
- The alignment of your strategy and daily tasks; STRATEGY = DAILY ACTIVITY x TIME.