• This workshop engages Vistage CEOs/MDs in the power of a Purpose-driven approach to achieve lasting differentiation, drive stronger growth and deliver a more positive impact in the world.
- Bring to life seismic shifts in the business and societal landscape which are making Purpose, Values and Trust hot topics for leaders
- Help members understand what’s different about a Purpose-driven, stakeholder-conscious approach to business
- Convince members – with evidence and examples – that a Purpose-driven approach can help them fire up their staff, engage customers and lay more robust foundations for long term profitable growth
- Help members work through three key elements of a Purpose-driven approach for challenger SMEs: Problem, Purpose & Participation
Relevance to CEOs and business leaders:
- Digital is breaking down barriers to entry across sectors, and competition is proliferating. It is ever-harder to differentiate on the basis of product features
- A Purpose-driven approach attracts and mobilises employees and customers because they’re part of something good that’s bigger than themselves. It’s a powerful long-term differentiator which SMEs can deliver on much more convincingly than big businesses
Key points covered:
- Introductory case study, to inspire and challenge
- Seismic shifts in the business landscape: why the biggest multinationals and the newest start-ups are responding with a Purpose-driven approach
- What a Purpose-driven approach looks like; the evidence it works
- Examples of SMEs that are shaking up their sectors, using a Purpose-driven approach
- Putting it into action on members’ businesses (see below)
Value and takeaway tools:
In the session, members will apply tools in three areas:
- Problem: defining the big, chunky Problem you’re solving, from a societal as well as customer perspective
- Purpose: Defining (or refining) your Purpose Narrative, so that it’s inspirational, authentic and practical – driving everyday decisions
- Participation: Identifying opportunities to further engage employees, customers and partners by inviting them to actively participate in your Purpose every day
In their workbooks members will also be given a 10-point diagnostic tool for Purpose driven business, and a set of potential next steps.
Real world applicability/actions they can take:
- Many businesses, big and small, have applied these approaches and seen huge success – examples will be provided!
- Whilst tools can be applied tactically, the full business benefit is achieved via a consistent company-wide Purpose programme driven by the CEO/MD over the long term
- Success is measured through increases in employee and customer satisfaction and recommendation; top line profitable growth; and positive social and environmental impacts.
Added January 2019.