Millennials: Engagement, belonging and retention
Given that Millennials/Gen Y – aged between 23 and 38 – are the future of performance and leadership in the UK, and the rest of the world, they are having a major impact on the workforce. Circa 50% of Millennials/Gen Y are digital natives and – until the arrival of Generation Z – they are the most mobile workforce in the world today. This 3.5-hour workshop identifies the issues and challenges and the major characteristics and attitudes of Millennials within the context of five generations in the workplace today. And, as they move into positions of leadership and authority, the workshop also provides practical tools and techniques for engaging and retaining this generation, so that they can maximise their performance and potential for the organisations that employ them.
- Recognise the key features of each of the 5 generations represented in the workplace.
- Understand how Millennials are different from (not worse than), older generations in the workplace.
- Bust some myths about Millennials (For example, Millennials want regular feedback – every 2 weeks is best – but most employers don’t realise that they want to give feedback regularly too).
- Understand how Millennials think, act and work, and how this delivers benefits to business.
- Learn tools and techniques for maximising the engagement and retention of Millennials.
- Develop a personal and customised action plan for ensuring a high level of engagement and retention of Millennials in the organisation.