Motivating Ourselves and Others
It starts with the ‘why’ as Simon Sinek suggests in his provocative ‘Golden Circle’ TED talk. What is our why: our personal why and our why as a leader or business owner? What motivates us, our loved ones and our employees? How do we pull the levers that motivate us and our teams, and how do we really engage those we work with? How do we motivate the slugs, worms, toads, frogs and wasps?
An interactive workshop on our motivations – the desires, needs, goals, drivers and passion – to move, choose, do, behave and change.
- Positive Psychology and why it matters – optimal flourishing and functioning
- Seligman’s PERMA: Positive emotions, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning, Accomplishment
- Motivation theory over time
- Maslow, McLelland and Pink
- The why of our organisations and the Golden Thread
- Our personal motivations
- Motivating and engaging our colleagues
- Motivating challenging people – the Slugs and Toads
- Think, Feel, Do – Triangle of Impact
- Which motivation model do you prefer & therefore are more likely to introduce or use at work?
- How are you going to understand / improve motivation at work?
- What do you now know about yourself that you didn’t know before?
- How are you now motivated to change?