For a retreat, Chris offers three half day options and a full day option, outlines are below.
Participants will learn about:
- Understanding negotiating as a structured process
- Situations that you may not have realised were ‘negotiations’
- What to plan
- The real meaning of “win/win”
- How to feel stronger and more confident during negotiations
- What to say, and not say, in the first five minutes
- How to pitch your opening offer
- What to do when they make an opening offer
- How to read their body language
- How to trade effectively
- Coping assertively with difficult clients or suppliers
- How to cope with tactics like The Vice, The Nibble and The Salami
Participants will gain:
- The ability to get better deals in and outside your work
- Confidence in the negotiating process
- Many practical ideas on how to be a better negotiator
- Better relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues
Half Day Retreats
Option 1: Overview/Refresher
Covering all of the main points of how to plan and carry out a successful negotiation.
Option 2: Practical Workshop
Including two negotiation exercises, done in pairs or 2v2, observed and fed back so that real learning points are extracted. You won’t know your negotiation strengths and weaknesses until you try it for real, and being observed and coached can be incredibly valuable.
Option 3: Planning and Problem Solving Workshop
If participants have real negotiations coming up, or that they regularly do, then we can drill into those situations, discuss options, and come up with plans of attack so that everything is ready for the negotiations when they come up. Any problems that participants have had can also be worked on so that answers are ready for the next time.
Full Day Retreat
Any combination of two from the above three can be covered if the workshop is a full day, and all three combinations, 1+2, 1+3, and 2+3, work really well and are extremely useful. The day always pays for itself within weeks, many times over!