An interactive, thought-provoking and fun (with a serious message) session in which participants are invited to reflect on the implications of their preferred behavioural style – gifts, challenges, impact on others – and commit to doing something differently to improve their leadership effectiveness.
The workshop is supported by an Insights Discovery personal profile per participant following prior completion of a 15-minute online questionnaire < please note this the profile is complementary for Vistage members only, any guests that wish to complete the profile would be responsible for their own costs .
- What are the attributes of an outstanding leader? How do you measure up against these?
- Introduction of the Insights Discovery colour model of behaviours – simple, memorable, easy to apply and used by employers large and small all around the world to improve individual, team and organisational performance.
- Self-assessment, team task, strengths and weaknesses of each colour energy.
- Self-perception versus the perception of others.
- Understanding your own Discovery profile, including illustrative graphs and charts.
- Adapting your own style to better meet others’ needs, whilst not losing authenticity.
- Reflection, planning, commitment to action, follow-through.
- The workshop can be tailored to meet participants’ specific needs and last from half a day to 3 days. Giles is very output-focused and committed to helping participants transfer agreed actions to their real world, ensuring follow-through and accountability.
- An insight into what great leaders do and into my own leadership strengths and challenges.
- An understanding of the effects that my behaviour may have on others.
- A recognition and valuing of the gifts that different personalities bring to a group .
- Strategies to maximise these to the benefit of the individual and the group as a whole that can be used immediately back in the workplace.
- Actions to be taken on 2 levels:-
- Personal – knowing what I now know through the profile, what do I need to stop/start doing to increase my own effectiveness?
- Interpersonal – knowing how different we are, what is it I can do differently when working with colleagues to improve our working relationship?