Presentation Skills: The Secrets of Presenters and Speakers.
“A good speech is like a marriage … any fool can start one, but to end one takes considerable skill.” – Lord Mancroft.
Most presentation skills courses focus on delivery and structure of presentations. This workshops covers that … and more! It dives into the tips and tricks that presenters use to achieve rapport, manage hecklers, inspire, tell stories and more.
Fun, challenge, easily applied take-away value, and inter-action:
- Increased confidence to present without nerves.
- Increased ability to speak with few or no notes.
- Know how to get rapport with an audience “quickly”.
- Understand the power of gesture and the effects body language has on an audience.
- Field questions with ease.
- Handle hecklers in ways that support hem or “deal” with them.
- Learn the dark arts of the professional speaking world.
- See how they can inspire and motivate or isolate and exclude people using nothing more than a hand gesture.
- Why a point or a palm make all the difference.
- Where to stand when delivering differing messages.
- How to engage a large audience from front row to back row.
- Handle nerves with confidence.
- Speak with few or no notes at all.
- Use of props and visual aids.
- How to use the voice for maximum impact.
- Handle the hecklers with ease.
- When to and not to use humour…. and so much more besides.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Kick ass when presenting if they apply what they learn!
- See how their reputation can be increased by presenting more effectively.
- Understand some of the dark arts of the professional speaking world and how they can apply them.
This workshop is informal, fun, challenging, inter-active and packed with ready to use and take-away techniques, principles and models on how to think and behave more effectively.