Presenting With Confidence, Impact And Pizzazz – Performing Without Slides
Giving fluent, captivating and persuasive presentations can make a big difference to business results and career prospects.
Enhanced presentations enable participants to showcase themselves and their business in an exciting, powerful and persuasive way.
This session works on supercharging the presentation skills of participants by:
- Enhancing the content of what they say to target the win-win point between them and their audience
- Improving the way they structure presentations to maximise impact
- Boosting how they look, sound and feel when they perform in front of an audience.
As the first in a what can be run as a two-part series, this initial session focuses on presenting without slides. It enables participants to enhance their effectiveness in connecting with and persuading their audiences – without the added complication of utilising slides which, if when not deployed well, so often get in the way of presentation performances.
The strategy is that when participants have raised their presenting skills to a new level, they’re then better placed work effectively on introducing slides into the mix which can be done in the follow-up session.
This session works for participants of all levels – whether they need a major overhaul or a touch of additional polish. Everyone finishes looking, sounding and feeling way better than they started.
It makes speaking to audiences easier, more enjoyable and more effective for participants while taking their performances to new heights.
The workshop demonstrates that intelligent people who are masters of their subject – typical Vistage members, guests and clients – can take their presentation skills to an impressive new level in a short time-frame. This enhances their overall confidence along the way – and this is augmented with specific confidence-enhancing techniques.
Participants learn how to grab audience attention in the opening seconds and hold it throughout their presentations. They work on maximising their ability to get audiences to think, act and feel in the way the speaker is urging for them to do.
There is an option to have members’ performances recorded and played back by a video operator so that they benefit from perceiving themselves as others perceive them. This makes adjustments to their style – especially to physical aspects like body language and eye contact – easier to implement. Having a video operator also enables copies of performances to be made and handed to participants for further review after the session to further embed individual learning points.
Objectives of the Session:
This session enables participants to:
- Upgrade their content, structure and delivery style
- Utilise the golden preparation formulae provided – contained within a worksheet – for efficiently planning and structuring their presentations
- Grab and maintain audience attention and maximise the participants’ prospects of getting the right audience outcomes in every future presentation
- Reduce or eliminate reliance on notes
- Identify their key messages and illustrate them with stories and examples that stick in the minds of the audience
- Enhance their body language, eye contact and breathing techniques
- Benefit from guidance on key aspects of voice delivery – pitch, pace and pausing
- Utlilise confidence-enhancing techniques ahead of and during presentations
- Apply the principles learned during the session to plan and deliver enhanced presentations on other topics in future
- Be well-positioned to partake in the follow-up session on Presenting With Confidence, Impact And Pizzazz Part 2 – Performing With Slides
Value and Takeaway Tools:
Participants come away:
- With a way of identifying the best potential presentation content for their audiences
- A knowledge of how to identify their key messages and illustrations for whatever future presentations they need to prepare
- An effective format for structuring their future presentations
- Enhanced delivery style
- Confidence enhancing techniques
- A knowledge of what make effective slides in future presentations and for the Part 2 session.