How to communicate clearly and assertively reducing the risk of conflict.
Few people relish the thought of having conversations that they anticipate will be difficult. The issues that give rise to the need to have these conversations rarely disappear and failure to deal with them early makes the position even more difficult.
This workshop focuses on creating a new level of communication that gets to the heart of issues assertively, transforming your relationships with colleagues, customers and staff.
This workshop covers:
- Definition of real conversations.
- Key skills needed questioning and listening.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- Dealing with aggression and conflict.
- Real conversation workshop participants talk out their own live real conversations – real, live and unsolved. They receive feedback and rework to improve.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have identified the key skills involved in engaging in proactive real conversations.
- Have a clearly defined model for tackling difficult conversations.
- Used their skills to create frictionless debate.
- Have practised their own real conversations.
- Raised confidence to improve relationships one conversation at a time.
Participants will be asked to come with a real and outstanding conversation they have been putting off.