Seven Keys for Developing Leadership
Shay McConnon is a leading psychologist, author and founder of People First International. He brings fresh insights to the topic of leadership in the twenty first century.
The leadership model he will share is based on his work in organisations like Siemens, BAE Systems and Selex Communications.
He recognises that team leadership is complex and that it is likely to work best as a partnership between the leader and the team members. Leaders, who impact, individualise rather than universalise. They respond to the specific needs of an individual rather than behave in standard, generic ways.
He identifies seven keys for developing leadership and outlines a system for growing and tracking these indicators across the organisation.
This workshop will examine how to:
- Improve the impact of leadership across the organisation.
- Capitalise on the diversity of styles in the workplace.
- Improve work satisfaction levels for staff
- Create openness, trust and collaboration.
- Create staff who feel valued, motivated and energised.
- Engage staff and encourage them to take ownership.
- Reduce stress and conflict.
This high energy, content rich keynote is packed with practical, workable ideas. Participants will take away new approaches and imaginative solutions they can use immediately to improve the impact of leadership in their organisations. This is a practical, hands-on approach to developing not only leaders but leadership across the organisation.
This workshop is suitable for a half day retreat and a full day retreat which covers all the topics above and the extra time allows for deep discussion on key points where required.