Steer Your Ship through Uncertainty and Change
This workshop gives your members a perspective on the human element of managing a team in a rapidly changing, uncertain environment and how they can improve the example they set for all.
The key takeaways are delivered in a series of four narrative vignettes, each with a specific theme – Emotional Intelligence, Trust, Just Culture and Autonomy. After Brendan relates each story, the group is invited to discuss that theme in pairs and bring their thoughts to the plenary.
- “Building and maintaining trust is key to successfully navigating change.”
- “We all need to actively invite feedback – saying “my door is always open” is not enough.”
- “Leaders need to invite autonomy from their reports, which allows their team to stand to its full height.”
- “How you emotionally respond to failure, setback and disappointment will be emulated by your team.”
- “Your mood counts for at least 50% of the mood of your team.”
- “Only use blame in the event of gross negligence or malice – everything else is a learning opportunity.”
- “Mature leaders create a culture of ownership and strive to change from a heroic to servant leadership approach”
- “In uncertain times, the sound of success is honest conversation.”