Strategy Implementation: The Five Bare Essentials
In today’s business environment, High Performance Organisations know how to implement their strategy more effectively than their competitors. By doing so they are able to grow faster, be much more profitable and gain market share. Rowan shares his experience of how some of the top performing companies (big and small) implement, what sets them apart and assists you to complete a 5 point action plan for your business.
This workshop will look address problems such as:
- Less than 50% of companies have a truly differentiating strategy (Porter).
- Less than 10% of companies with a strategy are able to implement effectively (Fortune).
- Many strategy implementations efforts run out of steam.
- Execution is a major issue for most CEOs, yet few know how to do it really well.
- Alignment of people behind a common focus is very hard to achieve.
Before the workshop you are asked to complete a 2 page assessment of your company. The workshop will consist of engaging small group exercises and an interactive introduction to the Five Bare Essentials with real examples from top companies to demonstrate how any organisation can implement strategy effectively. You will then work in small groups to create an Action Plan for your business, before finishing with a summary of benefit to the whole group.
1. Why execution fails: The key factors; easy ways to avoid failure.
2. The Five Bare Essentials:
- Initiate a differentiating strategy through executive leadership.
- Critical Mass: Roll out the strategy to all your people.
- Communicate to build engagement.
- Process and Project Improvement.
- To learn the Five Bare Essentials.
- To create an Action Plan for your business ready to implement the Five Bare Essentials.
- You will have an action plan for your own company’s strategy implementation.