Taking the Stress Out of Leadership
Chief Executives have the unique benefit of their position in their favour but also unique challenges to balance against that. When faced with excessive demands, instead of pulling back and delegating work, they are more likely to overwork and therefore be at risk of burning out.
Few of us recognise how essential stress is to everyday performance, although the real key lies in understanding how to maintain that effectiveness for the longer term. Lifestyle changes and the recognition of how to boost body and brain chemistry enhance our ability to deliver effective decision making all day AND over time.
This workshop covers pragmatic tools that encourage people to adopt simple techniques with immediate effect and benefit. There is also a section on how to identify stress in other people and the legal obligations for businesses given the recent cases in the media. This can be integrated in to the workshop if the participants feel it is of benefit.
- To understand and refer to a working definition of ‘Stress’.
- To look at the likely symptoms of stress in yourself and others.
- To identify practical tools that can easily minimise stress.
- To understand the differences between sources and causes of stress.
- To constructively tackle the sources of stress.