The ‘A’ Word: The Accountability Workout – enabling accountability in your business
‘The important thing about responsibility is not to whom you are responsible, but for what you are responsible.’
Mary Parker Follet
Like many business owners, have you found yourself too often having to deal with missed deadlines, broken promises, lack of commitment and excuses, with the resulting delays, rework and cost overruns leading to poor customer service, client dissatisfaction and unsatisfactory business performance? As a result, are you becoming personally overburdened and stressed and at the same time concerned at the increasing frustration, and possible burnout, amongst your best team members who are having to pick up the slack?
But how do we have all team members act more like owners and follow through on commitments? The answer is to build an accountable organisation and culture, an organisation where team members deliver consistently on what they say they will do and take full responsibility and fix it if it looks like they will come up short. Highly desirable and often claimed, but how do we make it a reality?
In ‘The A word’ workshop, we will:
- Define what accountability is, both what it looks like and means in practice.
- Identify the barriers to accountability in your organisation.
- Learn how to conduct effective accountability conversations.
- Describe the elements necessary to build a robust accountability structure.
- Learn how to embed an accountability culture that will deliver consistent performance going forward.
Our toolset will include:
- The Accountability Staircase
- CLEAR delegation
- The Four Key Conversations
- The AAR framework
- BART for teams
The session will include an audit of existing practice and provide a toolkit for implementation. So, come along prepared for an interactive, practical and rigorous workout that will leave you well set to refresh/ put in place an accountability structure that will accelerate your business towards consistent delivery of its promises.