Time Management from the Top
Time Management encompasses the huge (the meaning of life, what is important in the big scheme of things, home/life balance, how do our lives manage to slip by with the trivia somehow pushing out the things that really matter?) right down through many of the most important skills in life and management (negotiating, being assertive, planning, delegating etc) and ending up with the detail of your day – diaries, jobs to do lists, tidy or untidy desks, interruptions, etc.
In half a day we will take a tour of most of the above, pulling out some interesting and unexpected nuggets from this most vital of subjects:
- Why management of your time is still an issue, in fact even more so, when you reach the top of a company
- What does ‘important’ really mean?
- Not enough time in the day – is working longer hours the answer?
- The five options for getting more done – and there are only five
- What should your personal organisation system include?
- The link between personal goals and the two foundation behaviours: Assertiveness and Self-discipline.
What you must do once as a result of this session, and what you must do every day.
The session will consist of Chris putting across ideas in an interactive / discussion style. There won’t be many group exercises but there will be some controversial debates.