Winning the War for Talent
Back in 1997, management consultants McKinsey said; “The War in the 21st Century won’t be for profit, it will be for talent – with market share and profitability occurring as a natural by-product of attracting and retaining the right people”.
Attracting and retaining top talent is consistently the no. 1 challenge facing UK businesses today, but if top talent is your passport to market share and profitability, shouldn’t all of your company processes be aligned to attracting and retaining it?
During this hard-hitting and entertaining workshop, Larry will take you on a journey through:
- Recruitment channels and their effectiveness
- Developing a culture of continuous recruiting
- Recruitment through the eyes of the candidate
- Recruiting for values/behaviours – what is it? How do I do it?
- Recruitment as an exercise in reputation management
- Identifying and eliminating some avoidable mistakes and removing the barriers to recruitment success
- Interview questions – which ones to ask and which ones not to ask!
- How to get the best from 3rd party recruiters and the importance of choosing the right one
- Ok, so you’ve appointed your new recruit – how do you ensure they turn out to be successful?