Why You Never Wash a Rental Car – The Power of Ownership in Leading Today’s Organisations
When was the last time you washed a rental car? Probably never!…You don’t own it.
In leading your organisation in today’s complex and uncertain world, would you rather have your people renting or OWNING their job? This session is about using the POWER OF OWNERSHIP to become even more successful in leading your organisation…getting your people to OWN achievement.
The Power of Ownership starts with creating an OUTCOME focus. Why? Because you want your people not just taking ownership for an activity, but taking ownership for accomplishing an outcome. That’s a big difference, as thinking and discussing in outcomes is the Language of Achievement, versus thinking and discussing activities is the language of busyness. This highly interactive session shares ideas and insights as to how the power of ownership can help you become a more successful leader.
Your people, who OWN their job, will always feel challenged to solve problems before bringing them back to you. The more OWNERSHIP your people take, the more successful you both will be.
O – Outcomes – The Language of Achievement – Outcomes
W – Why – The Equation of Success – Why > HOW
N – NIFO – Nose In, Fingers OUT – Delegation
Reflection & Peer Coaching: Move the learning into specific actions.
- Understanding of the core leadership skills that drive “ownership” in your people and organisation.
- Define specific leadership habits that create a strong ‘ownership’ role model for your team.
- See communications tools that influence your people to take more ‘ownership’.
- Recognise leadership approaches that drive more teamwork and greater performance.
- Translate the learning into specific actions through the reflection and peer coaching exercises.