Your Message in 60 Seconds
However fantastic your products, services and overall business, you won’t get far if you can’t effectively tell the world about them. In this workshop Michael Dodd equips members to make their point in the time it takes to cook a piece of toast.
By doing so, “Your Message In 60 Seconds” takes on the business communication challenge of our age – getting your message across when you and your audiences have more and more pressures on your attention. Michael became used to doing this challenge as a foreign correspondent who had to convey key points on radio and TV in a minimal time frame. He utilizes this experience to equip members to convey powerful, succinct and effective messages that stick.
Members focus on outlining what their company does, or some other vital message they need to get across to a specific audience. Messages can be designed for large or small audiences – or to utilize in one-to-one conversations. They can be for delivery face-to-face, over the phone or through a webcast. Early in the session members demonstrate what they normally do when seeking to get their point across in 60 seconds. This can be recorded by a video operator and played back – so everyone gets to see themselves as others see them, and make appropriate adjustments. Performances are discussed, analyzed and critiqued.
Members are shown how to select their ideal content, utilize the right structure and boost their delivery style. They then get the opportunity to perform at an enhanced level with their new version. Members secretly score each other’s performances. Towards the end, the difference between their first and last performances are revealed. The member with the biggest improvement jump wins a prize.
This session boosts the power, effectiveness and performance of members’ introductory pitches at networking events and other business meetings as well as those chance encounters in lifts. It helps members attract new prospects and impress existing clients. This is a confidence-enhancing session which upgrades – and sometimes revolutionises – the content, structure and delivery of what members say in crucial moments.
Key Points :
- Enables members to pin down and refine what’s at the heart of the message they need to get across.
- Shows the importance of backing up messages with the right examples, stories, facts and/or figures.
- Equips members to prepare their 60-second message in a way that grabs and holds attention – and makes it memorable long after they’ve concluded.
- Gives members the opportunity to hone the content and structure of their messages – and adjust how they personally look, sound and feel when conveying them.
Objectives of the Session:
- To maximize members’ prospects of success through powerful verbal communication and persuasiveness.
- To enable members to put the right pictures in the minds of their audiences.
- To upgrade the content, structure and delivery style of members’ performances in meetings, conferences, webcasts and one-to-one conversations.
Value and Takeaway Tools:
- How to pick the best content for each target audience.
- Learn and utilise the “sandwich structure” for boosting your message – by knowing what to put at the start, in the middle and at the end.
- Guidance on boosting body language and voice delivery to maximise your impact and the memorability of your message.
Actions members are expected to make when applying the takeaway tools to the real world:
Members will be equipped to shine out in a way that makes their crucial business messages live on – long after each interaction is over. They leave with one specific business message which has been practiced, tested and polished and which they can utilize in every verbal encounter it’s been planned for. If they use the opportunity to perfect their “oral business card”, they can utilize a version of it every time they need to explain what their company does.
Members will also be able to apply the learning to a wide range of individual communications challenges they currently face – and will face in the future.