The Growth Director’s Secret
‘The Growth Director’s Secret’ session takes attendees through the fundamentals of how to position businesses for significant, sustained, profitable growth. It examines common reasons why businesses fail to grow profitably, reveals new learnings about decision-making and brand choice that have emerged from the world of neuroscience in recent years, and reveals ‘The Big Growth Secret’ – the simple key to sustained, profitable growth.
The session is engaging and highly interactive, leaving participants with a bespoke short-list of ‘Actions For Growth’ and a format for a ‘Growth Audit’ of their own businesses
Why is this of interest
Studies by McKinsey, Bain and many others consistently identify sustained top-line growth as the single biggest determinant of medium/long-term business success. Any CEO wishing to succeed needs to understand the fundamentals of setting a business up to grow profitably.
The key points covered:
The Growth Paradox
- The overwhelming importance of growth
- Why profitable growth is (surprisingly) difficult to achieve
The Brain Science Behind Growth
- How decision-making really works
- The Big Growth Mistake (and how to avoid it)
- The 3 Fundamentals of Profitable Growth
Growth Orientation: Finding Your ‘Growth Sweet Spot’
- Understanding how to identify and focus on highest-potential customers
- Working Session
Growth Proposition: The ‘Big Growth Secret’
- The simple key to sustained, significant, profitable growth
- Building an ‘autopilot proposition’ to secure target customer preference
- Working Session
- Focusing your organization to maximize profitable growth
- Embedding a Forensic Growth Focus across your organization
- Working Session
Objectives of the Session
The objectives are:
- to give all attendees a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of positioning businesses for significant, sustained, profitable growth
- to provide an understanding of how decision-making really works and how to build propositions that secure ‘autopilot’ preference
- to leave all attendees with 3-5 ‘Actions For Growth’ to take back to their businesses, and a simple format for a ‘Growth Audit’ of their own business
Value and Takeaway Tools
On Value, businesses will be left with a comprehensive understanding of how to build a powerful strategy for profitable growth for their business. This will include how to identify highest-potential customers, how to build powerful propositions that secure ‘autopilot’ preference, and how to ensure their management teams are aligned and focused to activate the growth strategy with maximum impact.
In addition, each business will leave with 3-5 ‘Actions For Growth’ specific to their business and the challenges they face
On Takeaways, businesses will be provided with an A5, 4-fold summary leaflet outlining the key learning points from the day. They will be given enough copies to share with colleagues in their business.
They will also be provided with the tools for a simple ‘Growth Audit’ which they can perform in their organization to assess readiness for growth/pinpoint weaknesses.
In addition, through the working sessions, they will have identified 3-5 ‘Actions For Growth’ specific to the circumstances of their business which they will take back to discuss/implement with their colleagues.
Actions/Real World Applicability
As described above each participant will leave with 3-5 ‘Actions For Growth’ specific to the circumstances and challenges of their business. These Actions will be grounded in the reality of the businesses as they are today, and will by definition be applicable to the real business situations participants will be returning to.