Create An UBER Culture!
Culture is often seen as the ‘soft side’ of leading a business but in reality, it’s actually the hardest! It can be the hardest to affect, develop and change, and it’s also the thing that can have the hardest impact (positively or negatively) on the business and people performance.
In fact, according to the Deloitte Global Capital Human Trends Report, culture and employee engagement is the number one issue for the world’s business and HR leaders. The objective of this session is to address this issue and demonstrate how winning leaders proactively develop the culture they want. Andy’s UBER Culture model will help you do that and will help you identify the steps you need to take to make it happen.
This session will explore our definition of culture as 'the way we do things around here' and Andy will show how the leaders of winning businesses take a Dramatically and Demonstrably Different approach. These ‘3D Leaders’ work hard to proactively develop the culture they want - It’s not left to chance and is an integral ingredient of their competitive advantage when it comes to attracting and retaining both customers and employees.
They create what he calls an UBER Culture and this session helps you take a good look at your business and evaluate how you measure up when it comes to ensuring that...
- Everyone Understands the culture the culture you want, the behaviours expected of them and crucially, consistently behave in line with that culture.
- Systems and processes are Built to positively reinforce and enhance the culture and behaviours you want
- People are Encouraged, Empowered and Enabled to deliver
- People are Rewarded and Recognised for doing so!
By providing real examples of these winning 3D Businesses , Andy will also allow (force!) participants to see how their business ‘measures up’. He will help them identify the steps they need to take in their role as leader to create, embed and reinforce the culture that they want. Throughout the session they will be given tools, and techniques to review their approach to creating, developing and sustaining a culture that creates real competitive advantage. Crucially they will be given time to identify the ACTIONS they are going to take to make an impact on their business and establish an UBER Culture!
This workshop will examine:
- ‘Culture’ – what exactly is it? What influences it (both positively and negatively), what’s yours…. and how do you know?
- The fundamental principles of the UBER Culture model and what this means for you as the leader of your business.
- ‘Valuing Your Values’ – not lots of nice posters and slogans, but (re)establishing core ‘values’ and identifying the preferred attitudes and behaviours that all your people need to display to live those values consistently to create real competitive advantage!
- How ‘3D’ Businesses establish effective systems and processes to recruit, develop, ‘motivate’ and ‘engage’ their people that fit in to, embrace and reinforce that culture (and that means the ‘right’ people!).
- How they engage, empower and enable their people to make it happen.... consistently.
- ‘Champion Your Champions’ and ‘Challenge their Challengers’ – How ‘3D’ Leaders reward and recognise the behaviours they want and how they deal with ‘problem performers’.
- You as a role model – it’s not what you say, it’s what you do… and are seen to be doing.
- Proven routes and methods ‘3D’ Leaders employ to create, embed and reinforce a culture that creates real competitive advantage.
- An understanding of the 4 key ingredients of the UBER Culture model and what they mean for your business and you as a leader in it
- Carried out an assessment of how your business ‘measures up’ against the 4 ingredients and identification of the blockages and barriers to making it happen
- Real examples of winning businesses who are making this stuff work for them
- Practical ideas and methods to help you do it too in your business
- Proven tools and techniques to help you fulfil your role as a leader to establish and embed the culture and the processes to make it work for your business
- A ‘3D Plan’ to address the key issues in your business to help you and your business create an UBER Culture that creates real competitive advantage.
Added October 2018.