Barbara helps businesses to start, develop and grow, working with owners and leaders to solve complex problems, innovate, effectively lead change and develop their skills.
She is a pragmatic and tenacious business consultant, facilitator and coach who utilises an inspirational leadership style to engage, enthuse and support entrepreneurial leaders to achieve their business goals in a rapidly changing global marketplace.
As an experienced business consultant, executive coach, facilitator and speaker, Barbara has a reputation for seeking out and encouraging “next practice” for business success.
Specialising in business growth, transformational change, innovation and leadership excellence, she has experience of designing, developing and delivering customized solutions for SMEs, public sector and not-for-profit organisations.
With a multi-discipline skills set in business and people development, Barbara is committed to promoting and strengthening complementary leadership, ensuring synergy with business objectives, policies, corporate culture and values.
Because there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution, she designs and delivers support, tailored to meet the specific needs of each business, giving context to interventions that are results focused, enhance learning, engage participants and transfer knowledge.
Barbara is an Adizes Methodology certified business consultant and a qualified corporate and executive coach, providing effective support in a wide variety of business environments and adhering to internationally recognised ethics and standards of conduct for professional consulting and coaching.
The author of Get Fit for Growth: 12 Fundamental Principles to Unleash the Growth Potential of Your Business and also writes articles and features, runs workshops, chair conferences and makes keynote presentations.
As well as being the founder and owner of P three Business Development, she is the co-founder and owner of: Mindplay Imagination and Pimp My Ideas.
Mindplay helps businesses to innovate, accelerate change and solve complex problems by balancing rational and creative approaches.
Pimp My Ideas guides provides confidential review, critique, advice, guidance and support for fledgling businesses and business ideas to help them take off.
Barbara is also working with two consultants (The Innovation Hackers) to write her second book – “Demystifying Innovation” which is due for publication in 2018.
Barbara has a variety of recognised qualifications in the field of business consulting, executive coaching, transformational change and leadership development including:
- Adizes Methodology™ Certified Consultant
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies
- Professional Certification in Management
- British Psychological Society Level B Profiler
- i3 Profiler
- Leading Bold Change ™ Certified Facilitator (Kotter)
- Chartered Fellow, The Chartered Manager Institute (CMI)
- The Coaching Academy Diploma in Corporate and Executive Coaching
- The Coaching Academy Diploma in Leadership Coaching
- Newcastle College Diploma in Leadership Coaching
- Newcastle College Diploma in Performance Coaching
- Newcastle College Certificate in Personal Coaching
she is a member of the following professional organisations:
- Chartered Fellow, The Chartered Managers Institute
- Member, International Coaching Federation
- Certified Consultant, The Adizes Institute
Awards and Recognition
- In 2002 she was awarded the OBE for services to economic and social regeneration
- In 2012 she was recognised by Cambridge Who’s Who as Executive Coach of the Year
- In 2013 she was on the front cover of Pro-Files Magazine with a full-page article on my work with local, national and internal entrepreneurs
Her diverse career includes thirteen years as Chief Executive of Norcare Limited and eight years as Chair of the Gateshead Housing Company. She was also a Non-Executive Director of 4 Housing Group and Chair of the Chartered Management Institute North East, Yorkshire and Humberside Board.
For almost 15 years Barbara has been working with a variety of regional, national and international companies and previous client include Barclaycard, Kier Ltd, Phusion Ltd and SCM Pharma Ltd, providing customised business consulting, growth and development support, business transformation, executive coaching and leadership development solutions.
- Leadership in a new economic landscape
- How to predict business success
- What every new leader should know
- How to build your leadership team
- Change and the breaking down of resistance
- Designing Corporate Culture
- 5 Guaranteed Ways to Develop Business Excellence
- Is Your Organisation Structured Right?