Igniting the Fire Within: Using Motivation to Improve Performance
Please note that booking this workshop will count as two speakers from your annual allowance due to costs incurred with the profiling tool. Carole is happy to run this session as a longer workshop – until 3pm – to make sure that you get maximum value.
Do you really know what motivates you? And your people? Are you measuring motivation in your business?
Emotionally intelligent leaders know instinctively that to be engaged you need to be motivated, which drives performance. Hay Group research proves that highly engaged employees are 50% more likely to exceed their performance targets. The best companies at engaging people achieve 4.5 times the revenue growth.
Understanding your own motivators saves time, effort and radically improves your performance and results, by going beyond behaviours to address your deeper drivers – your WHY?
In this session Carole will explain the roots of motivation and help you to understand your own motivational drivers. This has far-reaching implications for energising ourselves as well as step-changing the impact a leader can have when they know the motivational hot buttons of their people.
To unlock the key to energy, engagement and performance by understanding what motivates people, how to recognise and address people’s motivational hot buttons and re-light the fire within your business.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Understand motivation and why it is relevant to business and leadership
- Know the roots behind motivation
- Understand the 9 work motivators and how to recognise them in others
- Clarify what motivates them – their overall motivation score %, top 3 and lowest motivators
- Know the hot buttons to motivate themselves and others
- Be able to coach and develop people by harnessing their motivators
- Understand how to measure and track motivational levels
- Know how to apply motivation to teams and their wider business
Prior to the master-class all participants are required to complete a 15-minute on-line motivational questionnaire. They will receive their personalised motivation report during the session. The event is highly-interactive, combining pragmatic ‘real-plays’ with reflective thinking and self-development exercises.